Sunday, January 24, 2021

ONE-POT CREAMY TOMATO PASTA from 12 Tomatoes

This comes from 12 Tomatoes. It uses three tomato products- crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and sun-dried tomatoes. I made half using Barilla bowtie pasta, which was 6 oz./about 2 1/4 c. dry. It made four large servings. I needed an extra 1/4 c. liquid, which was the whole can of low sodium chicken broth. I used garlic powder in place of real garlic, a scant 1/4 t. fine salt, scant 1/8 t. red pepper flakes, 1/2 c. drained canned peas added at the very end along with a cooked and shredded boneless skinless chicken breast. I omitted cream cheese because I don't like it. 

I give this 5 stars!

Edit- I made this again two months later. I made it the same way as before but used rotini pasta, omitted tomato paste because I didn't have any, and added half of a 10 oz. of thawed and drained frozen spinach at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment