Thursday, January 28, 2021

ONE-POT CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN PASTA

This tasty recipe is from Budget Bytes. I used slightly less pasta than called for, 6 oz./2 c. instead of 8 oz., and I used tri-color Barilla rotini instead of penne since they're a similar size, with penne being slightly longer. I used mostly cream instead of milk, but I used about 1/4-1/3 c. more liquid total than the recipe used. I omitted cream cheese. I used about one heaping tablespoon less pesto than I was supposed to and I'm glad I did since it's pretty tangy. I also baked some chicken strips then shredded them after they cooled and added them to the cooked pasta. One suggestion the recipe author gave was to add spinach, which I didn't, and/or add sun-dried tomatoes, so I added about two heaping tablespoons of those at the end but I meant to add them at the beginning after I cooked the onion. Onion wasn't part of the recipe but I always use onion.

I grade this an A!

No comments:

Post a Comment