Friday, January 22, 2021

AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD from Lil' Luna


This cake is better known as Amish Cinnamon Bread, and it's actually moist cake. Not sure why it's called bread. I've made it several times since about 2014 but I don't know what site it came from. This particular recipe comes from Lil' Luna. It's identical to all the other Amish Cinnamon Bread recipes but she uses a bit more cinnamon, so I went with her recipe. The recipe has no salt in it so I added 3/8 t. but it needs more, another 1/8 t. The full recipe makes two large 9x5 (2 qt.) loaf pans. I made just a quarter of the recipe and it makes an 8" round/1 qt. loaf pan's worth of cake and I used a 1 qt. loaf pan. It baked in exactly 30 minutes. 

I added two tablespoons of ground toasted pecans to the batter and 1/2 t. vanilla extract. You're not supposed to stick a knife through the batter and swirl it around but I did slightly but you can't see it that well in my photo. The cake is very most. I don't like how the top gets hard from the sugar layer. You can see in the photo below that it's a hard, thick topping that cracked when I lifted it out of the pan. I made a glaze for mine.

My glaze: 1 T. melted butter, 1 T. cool water, 1/4 t. pure vanilla extract, 1/8 t. pure almond extract, 1 c. powdered sugar. Mix well and pour over cooled cake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment