Monday, June 15, 2020

BAKED APPLE PIE ROLL-UPS from Spend With Pennies



This recipes comes from Spend With Pennies. It uses sandwich bread that you flatten out, canned or homemade apple pie filling, melted butter, and cinnamon sugar. I got eleven, not ten, and there wasn't enough cinnamon sugar mixture to roll them all around in so had to stop in the middle and make more, so I suggest you use 3/4 c. sugar and extra cinnamon for the coating.

The recipe is excellent and easy. I suggest you roll out the bread slices and cut up the apple pie slices from the filling the day before just to make it go faster when you go to assemble them. I also baked them at a higher temperature, 400 degrees F. I wore disposable gloves too when making these since my hands were to be all over them. These reheat nicely in the oven on 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.

I grade this an A++.

No comments:

Post a Comment