Sunday, February 12, 2023

SIMPLE RICH CHOCOLATE BROWNIES from Gather For Bread

 

These boxed brownie mix-type homemade brownies are very good and come from Gather For Bread. They're made with oil and Dutch cocoa powder. I made half in a 9.5"x4.5" loaf pan that was lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. I thought an 8" square pan would be too big so I used one slightly smaller. They baked in 29 minutes and were thicker than I'd like so I should have used the 8" pan and will next time. These are very moist but slightly bitter from too much cocoa. Half the recipe used 6 tablespoons of cocoa but probably should have used only 4, so that's what I'll use next time. They could have used a little more salt and vanilla so I'll add more next time.

I give these 4.5 stars and recommend them.

Edit- I've made these a million times since. I make half the recipe in an 8" square foil-lined metal pan that's been sprayed with nonstick spray. It takes exactly 17 minutes in my Breville oven. I use 4 T. Dutch cocoa, not 6, double the salt and vanilla. That version gets 5 stars! The full batch in a 9"x13"stoneware baking pan takes 27 minutes in MY oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment