Tuesday, February 14, 2023

BEST EVER SUGAR COOKIES from The Dispatch

These are indeed some of the best sugar cookies I've ever baked. The recipe's from The Dispatch. They're made with equal parts shortening and your choice of butter, margarine, or oil, and I used butter. I made half and added 1/4 c. chopped sweetened dried tart cherries but it wasn't enough. I got 18 dough balls using a 1 T./1.5"diameter cookie scoop. My cold dough baked in exactly 9 minutes in my Brevelle oven. I rolled the dough in sugar too but wish I hadn't because the outside of the cookies is a little too crunchy, so I'll just put sugar on top next time. The outer parts that browned lightly has that particular sugar cookie flavor and these have the right amount of salt and vanilla too.

I give these 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment