Monday, November 28, 2022

ON-THE-TRAIL MONSTER COOKIES from Betty Crocker

This cookie is called On-the-trail Monster Cookies. Its been around for at least 20 years. I first had it in the early 2000s, it was in one of those small baking magazines you get in the grocery store check-out line. I hadn't made them in many years so wanted to try them again. I don't normally add chocolate chips so I didn't this time. They're made with butter and shortening. I used a 1 T./1.5" diameter scoop. The flatted dough balls baked in 9 or 9.5 minutes. This is a very good, basic cookie.

The recipe calls for no salt but I added 1/4 t. for half the recipe but it needed more. It says you can use rolled or quick oat so I used quick oats, since that's the type I've always used. 

I give it 5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment