Monday, June 15, 2020

THE BEST WHITE CAKE RECIPE EVER from Add A Pinch




This recipe comes from Add A Pinch. I made 1/4 of the recipe, which is enough for an 8" pan, and I made it in two mini pie pans that are 5.5 x 1.5". I stacked them and made a mini layer cake that was barely over 3" tall. They baked in 24 minutes. Some commenters on the recipe's site said theirs didn't rise but mine rose normally. I took someone's advice and made sure I creamed the butter, shortening, and sugar for several minutes. I added about three tablespoons of chopped maraschino cherries, two tablespoons of ground lightly toasted almonds, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. The juice from the cherries made my cake light pink. The full recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon salt but that's what it took for just 1/4 of the recipe. The cake is made with butter and shortening and is very moist. Though this is a white cake, it uses whole eggs. This turned out great and I'd make it again. I used my own frosting recipe and used maraschino cherry juice and red food coloring in it.

I grade this an A. It's moist but not as moist as the one from Sugar Spun Run but I like that you don't have to beat the eggs separately so I'd probably make this over the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment