Monday, June 15, 2020

CHOCOLATE LOVER'S CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE-CHIP MUFFINS from Averie Cooks



This recipe is from Averie Cooks. I made half and got 9, filling the cups with 1/4 c. of batter. They baked in 15 minutes. I omitted the espresso powder and splash of coffee. I used an extra 1/8 t. salt. I used 1/4 c. cocoa, not 1/3 c. as called for but I think I could have used one less tablespoon for a total of three for half a batch. These use oil and all light brown sugar but they're the same as all the others I've made with white sugar. You wouldn't know there's no white sugar in these and you can't taste pure brown sugar.

I grade them an A while they're hot and fresh and a B left over because they aren't as moist without having to reheat them, but most muffins are that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment