Monday, June 15, 2020

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS VERDES from Taste of Home




This recipe comes from Taste of Home. I used rotisserie chicken breast instead of turkey. I used white chicken chili spice mix instead of fajita mix. Because store bought mixes are full of herbs and spices I omitted the basil, oregano, cumin, and cooked onion. It would have been overkill to add more spices to this. Instead of using canned diced tomatoes, since I don't like tomatoes I used a little bit of picante sauce and water to moisten the chicken. I made 1/3 of the sauce mix using one can of green enchilada sauce and 1/3 of a can of condensed cream of chicken soup. I used leftover crepes that I had in the freezer instead of tortillas. I trimmed them down to almost 7". I used mozzarella cheese in this.

I grade these an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment